Paper Artsy stamps
Distress Inks (pumice stone, victorian velvet, crushed olive, aged mahogany)
Alcohol Inks (meadow, cranberry, sandal)
Distress Stickles (old paper, frayed burlap, peeled paint)
DCWV adhesive ribbon
Text peel off
Cuttlebug embossing folder
Karen Fosters scrappers floss
To make the flower I stamped out the 2 flowers paper artsy stamps with the distress inks and cut them out. Because they are 2 slightly different sizes they nest together really well. I distressed each cut flower further with the pumice stone ink (a really useful colour that ages paper really well, see the embossing on the card for an idea). I then cut a slit about 1.5cm at the natural places to create the flower petals before curling them slightly with scissors and fingers, to give dimension. To layer i placed the stamped flowers on top of each other along with a peach prima fabric flower (from my stash), a pink button and tied it all together with a few lengths of Karen Fosters scrappers floss (tinted with aged mahogany distress ink)
This has turned out to be one of my favourite cards I have made recently. It incorporates most of the new ‘goodies’ I bought from from recent trip to the Make It craft show in Farnborough. It was the first time that Mum and I had visited one of these much talked about shows, and it lived up to expectations. We met up with 2 seasoned show attendees (mums crafty sisters) and had a whole day of pure self indulgent shopping!!
Entered as part of the ‘Distressed’ challenge on 2sisterschallenge blog site.