Hello and welcome to the IndigoBlu challenge for July. For my design tean inspiration today, I have used the Colour Me Daisy stamp, and the bold white & yellow daisy colours as my inspiration – they do so remind me of summer
I have done something a little different with this card, as you can see. Instead of layering the die cut layers on top of one another, I have created aperture windows decreasing in size towards the central image….and it’s so easy to do!
- Take the IndigoBlu Colour Me – Daisy stamp and stamp once onto white card with black ink. Stamp a further three times, using yellow ink (I used mustard seed distress ink). Trim each to the size of the image.
- Take one of the yellow stamped flowers, and position and cut the largest of the nesting dies that will fit within the image.
- Take a second yellow stamped flower, and place directly behind the first cut aperture, position the next die (down in size) within the aperture and secure with low tack tape. Remove the top later and cut the second.
- Repeat step 3 to cut the aperture in the third and final yellow stamped image.
- Using 3D foam, layer each of the stamped images directly on top of each other, largest aperture layer on top and the black stamped flower on the bottom.
- Attach all layers onto a 10cm sqaure kraft card blank.
- Take some words from the IndigoBlu Floral Fantasy set, stamp in black and cut out individual words/lines.
- Use adhesive to attach to the centre of the flower.
This challenge has really bought out the best in the design team, and a visit to the challenge blog is definately worth a visit, to check out their inspiration
Many thanks for joining me today, hope to see you again soon.