Hi, I wanted to share the card I made for Mum this year for Mothers Day. I wanted to try something a bit different, and have had a couple of products sitting in my room that I havn’t had a chance to play with since christmas, until now.
one of those was the cricut cartridge Art Nouveau, and also the Tim Holtz grunge paper. here you can see I have combined the two and created the dimensional swan.
If you don’t know already, grunge paper is a grey flexible fibrous paper of a substantial thickness (2-3mm), but will very readily take any type of colour application, embossing, cutting, distressing etc.
The more I played with it, the more I wanted to do….so can’t wait until my next project with it.
6×6″ card blank
Cricut Cartridge Art Nouveau – swan cut at 3″
Tim Holtz grunge paper
Tim Holtz Idealogy, lost & found paper pack
Distress Stains – chipped sapphire, dusty concord, victorian velvet, antique linen, picket fence
Tim Holtz tissue tape
Tim Holtz acrylic fragment 2″ square
Stampers anonymous wallpaper cling stamp
Tim Holtz dusty concord distress embossing powder
Bo bunny metal slider
Scrappers Floss, Lace, gems, embossing folder, metallic rub-ons all from stash
Here you can see how I laced the scrappers floss to attach it to the lace and tie the bow. I doubled up the floss, to give a more substantial bow detail
You can see the dimension in the swan, with the wing being made up with four layers, before sitting on the body, providing the fifth layer. I have tried to capture from a couple of angles in the photos that the wing layers (feathers) are fanned. All layers reach across and sit under the small top layer (linen colour), and it was here that I glued each together, allowing the movement at the back of the swan.
This is the base of the card, taken from the ideology stack (6×6″) section. Two strips of the tissue tape placed up the side and then run through the cuttlebug. it wasn’t possible because of the size of the paper and cuttlebug aperture, to emboss the whole sheet, so the top third of the paper was stamped with the antique wallpaper stamp and then embossed with dusty concord embossing powder. The advantage being the special release particles within the powder allowing some of it to be rubbed away (without compromising the image), adding to the distress look. i was really pleased with the outcome. And the colours were gorgeous together.
I was quite chuffed with how it turned out, and can’t wait to use the grunge paper again, i think it can be put to use in many many ways.
Best go to bed now, its time to get some sleep.