It’s been a funny old week, i got my third replacement Imagine last Friday, and I have to admit to being quite frightened to use it, even though it has behaved perfectly since coming out of the box and receiving its updates – once bitten twice shy and all that….But last night I bit the bullet, and had a good play and put it through its paces. I had forgotten how pretty the colours are on the Nursery Tales cartridge, and this pretty skunk just caught my eye yesterday.
- Two background shapes cut from Elegant Edges cricut cartridge (butrfly2 oblongs cut at 5.5 and 5.8 inches) and printed from Nursery Tales Imagine cartridge (2 comlimentary colours)
- The front panel is embossed with part of the snowflakes swirl border cuttlebug folder.
- 2 panels attached with 3D foam to enhance butterfly aperture
- 2 more panels cut with the same shape and colours but resized to 2.3 and 2.5 inches for the topper
- Image of the skunk was taken from its layered image on Nursey Tales Imagine cartridge and then printed and cut on printable acetate at 3 inches (with the real size outcome at just over 2 inches)
- The skunk was adhered to the layered tags with glossy accents and a bow added to finish.
I am really pleased with this next card. I hadn’t set out to make it, but the postman had just delivered the new fancy cut and emboss cuttlebug tags, and I had to try thrm!! I picked up the nearest spare scrap of card (all of our desks are littered with such pieces aren’t they) to see how it works, as you do, it had only been in the house for 5 minutes !! I was pleased with the outcome, especially after highlighting it with some bundled sage Tim Holtz ink (because that was also just next to me). Having gotten that out of my system I left it on the desk again, and went off to be constructive and be a mummy.
- Elegant Edges cricut Cartridge (can you tell its my favourite) Swirl1, book creative feature, using Basic Grey dotted paper cut at 5.3″, with a second layer cut at 5.5″ with a green paper from Basic Grey Capella collection. Attach to base card.
- Cut a border from Elegant Edges, swirl1, border creative feature, using green basic grey paper, cut at size 1″, ink edges with Tim Holtz bundled sage.
- Create an accent piece of paper (this case Basic Grey Capella floral paper) at 4″ by 1″ and tear top edge. Ink around edges again with bundles sage ink.
- Find a 6″ length of co-ordinating ribbon (here DCWV adhesive ribbon). Stick to the dotted paper about 2″ up and about 3/4 onto the paper, tucking the remaining to the back of the paper (on left side) to hide loose ends.
- Arrange border and accent paper to suit then place main topper tag with 3D foam
- Embellish with co-ordinating gems to finish.