Hello, welcome back to my Friday post for Creative Expressions.
Today I have created a tag for you, showing how the Cosmic Shimmer Colour Cloud Ink blend well together, how beautiful the colours are, and also a couple of different ways in which you can use them;
- Blend two colours to colour tint paper or card stock
- Apply directly to stamps to create the image
- Apply directly to ribbon to create a fully coordinated look
1. I began by creating two tags.The larger cut from Sue Wilson’s Pierced Tags Craft Dies, and the smaller is a stamp from John Lockwood’s Pierced Tag Sentiments clear stamp set. I used just two colours from the Cosmic Shimmer Colour Cloud collection to do all the stamping, Ocean Blue & Basil Leaf
2. I used the ever so easy to use Smoothie sponges (by Creative Expressions) to apply a the two ink colours around the edges of both tags. Using sponges dedicated to each colour I slowly built up the intensity and blend until I was happy. Then, picking up some colour cloud ink from my glass mat onto a sentiment stamp (again from John Lockwood’s Pierced Tag Sentiments set) I stamped the background of the smaller tag. I also stamped the die cut with the same smaller tag stamp.
3. I attached the smaller of the tags to the larger, and took a second larger sentiment from John’s set and stamped it (using the same method as the previous step). I went on to cut out each of the individual words, and colour tint each of them, again using the Smoothie sponges. I arranged the words on the tag in a fashion I was happy with before sticking them permanently. I went on to stamp 6 little flowers to (from the Elegant Sentiments clear stamp set) to create 3 x 3D embellishments with a small flat backed gem for extra sparkle.
4. To complete the look, I wanted the ribbon to match perfectly. So I took a length of white grosgrain ribbon, and working onto a piece of scrap copy paper I applied Colour Ink directly to the ribbon with my smoothies. I was able to blend the two colour beautifully on the ribbon also to get a pretty graduated effect.
5. I completed the tag and highlighted the wording by doodling around the words with a black fine line marker pen.
Please click the link below to see what the other members of the Creative Expressions Design Team have been creating!
Have you discovered Bloglovin, it’s a fabulous place to be able to follow all of your favourite blogs and receive updates so that you never miss any inspirational posts. I would like to invite you to follow me also by clicking on the link below