Creative Expressions Stitched Mobile Stamps – Just Wanted to Say Hi!
1st April 2016
Hasn’t Friday has come round quick for us again this week? This week I have had a chance to play with some brand new goodies from Creative Expressions, Stitched Mobile Fun stamps and a coordinating set of Mobile phone MDF shapes. I have created a fun alternative to a card because I ‘Just wanted to say Hi’ to my niece…..cute isn’t it!
I was able to work with another gorgeous release – Phill Martin’s Sentimentally Yours 8×8″ Blossom design paper, the collections of colours are of course stunning, with a brilliant selection of coordinating patterns. All design sheets are backed with a perfectly matched solid colour, as you would expect from Phill, you are not left wanting!
1. Cover both sides of the MDF shape with design paper.
2. Stamp the mobile phone image twice – once onto a solid colour, and once onto one of the less patterned papers. Heat emboss each image with silver detail embossing powder. Cut out each of the images as shown below.
3. Take the solid colour image, and the internal window of the patterned image, and layer onto one of the sides of the MDF phone shape.
4. Stamp and heat emboss with clear powder, a selection of the small phone icon/app signs that come in the stamp set. Cut them out and glue into place within the phone screen.
5. Take one of the speech bubble MDF shapes, cover both sides with design paper and stamp the coordinating stitch bubble and words/image of your choice.
6. Gently drill small holes into both of the MDF shapes, and attach the two elements together. I have used a little chain with a fastener that something appear on clothes tags (yes, I’m afraid I keep all sorts of bits and bobs in case they come in useful……and with this project it did LOL!!)
Many thanks for joining me today, here is the list of supplies I used in this project today