HAPPY NEW YEAR and Welcome to 2016!
Welcome to my blog and the beginning of a new adventure for me this year as a member of the Creative Expressions Design Team.
I’m really looking forward to using the many products that Creative Expressions have available, and I hope you will join me every Friday, when I will be sharing my latest creation with you.
My first post for you today, I was inspired by the quote on John Lockwoods Rosebud Elements Stamp set.
‘Remember you can do Anything, but you can’t do Everything’
I have decided that this will be the saying I will live by this year – I am guilty like many, of thinking that I can do everything, and on the most part (somehow) I can, but at the end of the day I am shattered. So this year, I will try and slow down a bit and focus on the essentials.
So this is the card I have created and here a few step by steps.
1) Take a 9 cm square of design paper, and use Susan Wilson’s Diagonal Lattice Die across the central section. Using a corner rounding punch to shape the top right hand corner.
2) Mount onto a piece of 9 cm square contrast design paper, before matting and layering onto black cardstock.
3) Stamp the sentiment onto a piece of 5.5 cm square design paper, and use the lace edge die from Sue Wilson’s Diagonals Set to shape the left hand side, and round the top right corner again using a punch. Ensure that the straight edge is nearest the stamped text.
4) Create a matting layer from black cardstock. and shape the edge as in step 3, before attaching the two layers together. Adhere to the card front using 3D foam pads.
5) Create some embellishments by stamping, colouring and cutting out three small butterflies from John Lockwoods, Rosebud Elements stamp set. Arrange and adhere to the card front (as shown) using silicone glue gel. To create extra dimension gently fold the butterflies wings upwards, and apply the glue just along the reverse of the body.
Complete the card by hand tying a seam binding bow, and adding a Creative Expression Vintage Black button to its centre.
Please click the link below to see what the other members of the Creative Expressions Design Team have been creating!
Many thanks for joining me, see you next week.